Sunday, December 2, 2007

Snow-fall!

It was past 1 am and M and I were in the CADE Lab trying to get some work done for 6710 when the Cadence angels suddenly decided they didn't like us any more. Tired of staring at squiggly colored lines and cryptic error messages all day, we quit. Regretting not having taken the 12:14 back home, we trudged out wearily, only to be met by six inches of snow on the ground. It was the first major snow since I came to SLC and the locals say it only gets this bad twice or thrice a year, so my first introduction to snow was by getting thrown in the deep end, literally! I had my first fall in the snow (look at the title of the post) today too. I was mentally patting myself on the back for stepping really carefully and was sure I couldn't fall with all the caution I was exercising. Next thing I knew, I was on the ground, luckily cushioned by the thick snow cover! Anyway, back to my journey home.. It was totally crazy! Everything was looking so beautiful, a fluffy white coating on anything you saw. The trees looked especially nice, with no leaves but snow covering every twig. Unfortunately though, I had to spend all my time squinting at the ground, making sure there was no ice to speed up my journey downhill! Every step is a disaster waiting to happen and it was painfully slow walking on the sidewalks where grip was terrible. The fast walker that I normally am, it was really bad! I then decided to walk on the road (a really good decision I think, otherwise I would've probably spent an hour and a half to walk the eight blocks). Anyway, I believe I've begun to ramble so I guess its time to stop right here..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"chai grp of hotels"...thts gonna be the humble beginning to a chain of tea cafes/pubs im gonna start shortly...looking out for potential partners/franchises...pass on the news!I appreciate it!